The Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM is a telephoto zoom lens and falls in the L series of professional lenses from Canon. The lens is constructed using fluorite and Super UD glass elements which largely eliminate secondary spectrum. This Super Spectra coated lens has a floating system with 17 elements in 14 groups. The lens has 8 diaphragm blades and maximum viewing angle of 24 degrees. This Canon telephoto zoom lens has focal length of 100 – 400 mm, maximum aperture of f/4.5-5.6, and can be used on cameras compatible with Canon EF mount. The lens has dimensions of 92 x 189 mm and weighs 1,380 g. The 6-group zoom system with 5 moving groups gives optical zoom of 4x and maximum magnification of 0.2x. The standard zoom lens has filter attachment size of 77 mm. The rear focusing system with ring type USM gives closest focusing distance of 1.8 m. The auto focus can be adjusted automatically or manually through the ring. This Canon lens features a dual mode three stop image stabilizer. The lens is also compatible with Extender EF 1.4x II and Extender EF 2x II.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6
- Lens Construction 17 elements in 14 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View 24° – 6° 10′
- Focus Adjustment Rear focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance 1.8m/ 5.9 ft.
- Zoom System Linear extension Type
- Filter Size 77mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight 3.6″ x 7.4″, 3.1 lbs. / 92mm x 189mm, 1,380g